Tickets and Re-entry Policy
There are three ways of purchasing your ticket for the Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2023:
- in person from Ticket Sales Points in Baku
- at Ticket Box Offices located outside security perimeter during race time and
- online via the bakucitycircuit.com website.
- All Vouchers/Purchase Confirmations have to be exchanged for E-tickets. E-tickets can as well be downloaded by customers through their personal account on bakucitycircuit.com website. The location of the voucher/ticket exchange points and their opening hours will be announced closer to the race weekend through our official website, newsletters and via our social media platforms. Please note, that e-tickets/vouchers are non-refundable and non-changeable.
- You have to present a valid ticket together with valid ID on each day of the Race at the entrance. Each ticket is valid for 1 day only. Please ensure you have the right ticket for each day.
A four-day ticket (Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday) gives you access to the Entertainment Area and as well as the Public Pit Lane Walk on Thursday. Pit Lane Walk time is 16:30-18:00 (please note, that entry Gate for Pit Lane Walk will close at 17:15).
A one, Two-day and Roaming tickets give you access to the Entertainment Area but DOES NOT include access to the Public Pit Lane Walk on Thursday. Please, note that Roaming tickets do not provide spectators with the access to the grandstands.
- Children under the age of 2 will be admitted without a ticket, provided that they remain in the arms of their parents or guardians and do not occupy a separate seat.
- All spectators under 18 (eighteen) years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18+) spectator with a valid ticket and government issued ID or Passport.
- All discounted tickets in the Local Adult, International Junior and Local Junior (for spectators aged 2 to 16 years) price categories require the holder to provide an official government issued ID or Passport at the entrance to prove their eligibility.
- For more detailed info about all tickets (categories & prices) please visit the Grandstands Section on our website.
- Please make sure you have your and your child/children’s Passport / ID with you. You might be asked to provide these upon request at the Entrance Gates.
- Please be aware that you will undergo “airport style” security screening at the entrance. Please allow adequate time for your journey.
- It’s never too late to get a ticket if you wish for a friend or family member to come and enjoy the race with you. We will have Ticket Box Offices located in front of each entrance gate.
- Additionally, our tickets are on sale at different locations in the city where you can also exchange your voucher for the E-ticket:
|Booking Offices||Address||Working hours|
|28 Mall||15A/4 Azadlig ave., 2nd floor, Baku, Azerbaijan||10:00 – 22:00|
|Ganjlik Mall||38 F. Khoyski, Ganjlik mts, 3rd floor, Baku, Azerbaijan||10:00 – 22:00|
|Heydar Aliyev Palace||Bul-bul Avenue 35, Baku, Azerbaijan||11:00 – 19:00|
|Kiosk 1||M.A.Rasulzada 3 (New Azerbaijan Cinema)||11:00 – 20:00|
|Kiosk 2||Bul-bul Avenue, Nizami Str., Sahil mts, Baku, Azerbaijan||10:00 – 19:00|
|ASAN 1||Hasan Aliyev str.,Baku, Azerbaijan||I-V: 9:00 – 18:00
VI-VII: 10:00 – 17:00
|ASAN 2||AMAY S.C, 2nd floor, 8th November Avenue 23, Baku||I-V: 9:00 – 18:00
VI-VII: 10:00 – 17:00
|ASAN 3||ASAN, Abbas Mirza Sharifzade str. 157, Yasamal, Baku, Azerbaijan||I-V: 9:00 – 18:00
VI-VII: 10:00 – 17:00
|ASAN 4||Sulh 197, Bakikhanov, Sabunchu, Baku, Azerbaijan||I-V: 9:00 – 18:00
VI-VII: 10:00 – 17:00
|ASAN Sumgayit||15th block 42d, Baku str, Sumgayit||I-V: 9:00 – 18:00
VI: 10:00 – 17:00
Re-entry to the Entertainment Zone
- When entering the Entertainment Area with a valid ticket our staff representative will wear a wristband on your wrist.
- The wristband must be worn at all times and becomes immediately void upon removal. Please do not take it off. You will need the wristband along with your valid e-ticket in order to re-enter the Entertainment Area on the same day should you leave it at any stage.
Recommendations and Prohibited Items
What to bring
- Pack light, bring the essentials only – money, your phone, a spare battery for your camera, etc.
- A wide variety of food and beverages will also be on sale throughout the Entertainment Area.
- And of course, do not forget your ticket for each specific day and valid ID for yourself and your children.
- Items which may be used to damage or deface property - or any part of the circuit and surrounding areas - as well as hinder, obstruct or interrupt the race adversely, affect public safety as well as any goods or tickets for the purpose of commercial distribution and any dangerous goods are all prohibited by law.
- Anyone entering the Entertainment Area will be subject to an inspection/search. Refusal may result in NO admission without a refund.
Please note that you are not allowed to bring certain items into the Entertainment Area. This list of prohibited items includes but is not limited to:
- beverage and food (excluding baby food)
- animals (except for service animals)
- weapons of any kind
- fireworks & laser lights
- musical instruments & sound devices
- video capable devices (for professional use)
- photo cameras with lenses exceeding 30 cm
- any seating devices (chairs, stools)
- any large articles (which cannot be placed under a seat)
- flags with handles exceeding 1m or with provocative symbols and images, religious, political expressions and slogans, offensive banners and objects
- picnic hampers, cooler boxes
- toxic and flammable liquids and substances
- drugs without prescription and any device that has the potential to cause injury, damage to the Entertainment Area or be a public nuisance.
- All equipment brought into the Entertainment Area should not be for commercial purposes but purely for personal use.
- Cameras with lenses exceeding 30 cm in length are prohibited to bring into the Entertainment Area.
- The enjoyment of other spectators should not be impeded by anyone and we therefore urge spectators with photographic equipment to show consideration to others at all times.
- There are plenty of locations where you can find that perfect shot – go out and explore the Entertainment Area and Baku City Circuit!
Arriving at the Entertainment Area
- Visitor Gates will open at 12:00 on Thursday 27th April and at 10:00 on Friday 28th April, Saturday 29th April and Sunday 30th April and close at 20:00 on Thursday, Sunday and at 23:00 on Friday and Saturday. Please always ensure that you come with the correct ticket for the corresponding day.
- Upon arrival please have your ticket ready for inspection. If you are carrying a bag, please note that all bags will be searched for security purposes. Please carry your ticket on you at all times
- Tip: We suggest that you travel light in order to clear the gates without delay – we recommend leaving your bag at home unless it’s absolutely necessary to bring it
- All spectators, including children, must have a valid ticket and ID. If you have a discounted ticket - for local citizens and/or children aged 2-16 - we will need to verify your eligibility by checking your ID.
- Ticket Box Offices are located outside each Gate. Do not buy tickets from touts as these tickets may have already been voided or be counterfeits.
- Please note that your tickets provide access to all Venue zones and will state the recommended Gate for you to use to enter the Entertainment Area in order to prevent long queues at the various entrances.
- Please click here to study the map with info on all Gates to the Entertainment Zones.
- Children are welcome in the Entertainment Area, however please do pay special attention to their needs. Please prepare them for big crowds, (relatively) long distances to walk, loud sounds as well as the hustle and bustle of a large-scale event.
- Earplugs, adult-sized rain coats as well as umbrellas are available for sale at official Baku City Circuit merchandise stores located throughout the Entertainment Area.
- Baby strollers can be brought into the Entertainment Area but cannot be used on the grandstands. Please approach the nearest Info Point where you can store your baby strollers.
- If your child is lost, please report this to the nearest Info Point, Security representative or any BCC staff in the Entertainment Area.
- F1 Fan Zone, Concert Area and Games Park each have two Info Points close to the Visitor Gates, except for the Icheri Sheher Zone which has one Info Point.
Smoking and littering
- It is prohibited to smoke on grandstands including in corporate boxes, general-admission podiums and indoor areas (cafes, bars etc.)
- Please bin your trash. Let’s keep the Entertainment Area clean.
Watching the race
- Grandstand ticketholders: You will have a great view of the track from your seat, as well as of the super screens set up right by the grandstands. For the benefit of all spectators, please do not use tripods, monopods or tablet devices on the grandstand.
Roaming/General Admission ticketholders: Some of the best racing action can be viewed from the special podiums (elevated trackside platforms) in the F1 Fan Zone, Concert Area and Games Park, that will be strategically located around the track.
Please, note that Roaming tickets do not provide spectators with the access to the grandstands.
Tip: Carefully study the Entertainment Area map - which can be accessed via scanning special QR code on special stands located nearby all gates and Info Points - and discover the best spots to watch the racing from each day!
There are 8 grandstands located along the entire Entertainment Area.
- The Main Grandstand is Absheron, situated in F1 Fan Zone and provides fans with an excellent position to watch the adrenaline-fuelled start/finish of the race. A magnificent National Opening Ceremony will also take place right in front of this grandstand.
- Concert Area has 3 grandstands: Bulvar, Sahil and Khazar.
- Games Park has 3 grandstands: Mugham, Bakcell (Azneft) and Filarmoniya.
- Icheri Sheher has 1 grandstand: “Icheri Sheher”.
- Should you have a problem with your grandstand seat or if somebody has occupied your place or the screen on the grandstand doesn’t work then please approach the nearest member of the grandstand staff for help.
- For exact locations of the grandstands, please click here.
Movement in the Entertainment Area
The Entertainment Area is divided into 3 zones: F1 Fan Zone, Concert Area, and Games Park. F1 Fan Zone as well as Concert Area and Games Park are also located on the seaside boulevard. In F1 Fan Zone with its F1 installations, everyone can get a closer feel for the excitement of Formula 1. Concert Area will turn into open-air concert area which will gather the music lovers 2 days in a row for an exciting and memorable experience to all visitors with the participation of the local popular singers and worldwide known DJs as Hardwell and Don Diablo in the evenings after long track action day. Games Park is more fun orientated and full of family and sport activities and installations where interests of adults and kids combine. For the exact locations of each zone please click here.
- The Entertainment Area covers an area of approximately 64 football fields. The distance along the Coastal Boulevard, which covers F1 Fan Zone, Concert Area and Games Park is about 2 km (as measured from the Absheron Grandstand to the Yacht Club). Please note that there are no physical separations between the zones, i.e. you can walk from one zone to another and enjoy the entertainment activities in each one. For faster and more efficient movement within the larger F1 Fan Zone, Concert Area and Games Park you will be able to use special small trains that will be operating there.
- Fan Forums: Get close to your F1 & F2 heroes in F1 Fan Zone at the Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2023 during the Fan Forums. Have a chance to meet your favorite #StreetF1ghter and even ask a question to them in the end of the forum. Fan Forums will take place on F1 stage on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Info Points will be located throughout the Entertainment Areas to help you navigate each zone more easily.
- Event (including map) and city guides (available in Azerbaijani, Russian and English) can be accessed via scanning QR code on special stands located nearby all gates and Info Points.
- Look out for signage and large format maps throughout the Entertainment Area to help you navigate your surroundings more easily.
- Tip: Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes and GO EXPLORE!
Pit Lane Walk
Every person who has purchased a 4-day ticket is invited to attend the 4-Day Ticket Holder Pit Lane Walk on 27th April. The 4-Day Ticket Pit Lane Walk leads guests from the Start-Finish line by the main grandstand through to the pit lane and back into the F1 Village. This is a unique chance to visit the inner sanctum of F1 and witness the teams working on their cars as they make their final preparations in the garages ahead of the Grand Prix weekend. Pit Lane Walk time is 16:30-18:00 (please note, that entry Gate for Pit Lane Walk will close at 17:30).
The Drivers’ Interviews will happen in the pit building in front of the teams’ garages and would be broadcasted to Track TV. Therefore, it could be a great opportunity to learn about last updates from drivers themselves. Drivers’ Interviews will take place on 30th April, approximately an hour before the race starts and is certainly an experience not to be missed.
The National Anthem Ceremony is always a proud moment for everyone associated with the Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix as it pays tribute to Azerbaijan, as well all the countries involved in this grand event. Government officials and F1 dignitaries, as well as all the drivers, will line up before the start of the race on April 30th as the Azerbaijani National Anthem is played as a mark of respect to the country hosting this major event.
Podium Ceremony (Track Invasion)
The Podium Ceremony takes place after the race is finished on Sunday when the top three drivers celebrate their success in front of their adoring fans. Ahead of the ceremony, the track gates in F1 Fan Zone will open for spectators to come closer to the podium and ‘invade’ the track to cheer on the winning driver(s)! Entrance to the track is available from F1 Fan Zone.
Food and Beverage
There are Food & Beverage courts throughout the Fan Zone where you can enjoy both delicious regional foods and popular international fast foods (i.e. pizzas, hotdogs, shawarma, soft drinks, ice-cream, vegan food etc.).
There are also restaurants on site offering you a rich selection of Azerbaijani national cuisine, as well as bars serving alcohol located across the Fan Zone.
Please see the map for the exact locations of F&B kiosks, restaurants and bars.
Payment is possible in cash and in most places also with credit cards.
- 12:00 – 20:00 on the 27th of April (F1 Fan Zone)
- 10:00 – 23:00 on the 28–29th of April (F1 Fan Zone, Games park, Bakcell (Azneft))
- 10:00 – 23:30 on the 28–29th of April (Concert Area)
- 10:00 – 20:00 on the 30th of April (Boulevard Area) (Please, note that Spectator Gates close at 20:00, but activations and Food & Beverages close at 21:00)
- 10:00 – 19:00 on the 28–30th of April Filarmoniya and Icherisheher
Money and currency
The national Currency is the Azerbaijani Manat.
1 USD is approximately equal to 1.70 AZN depending on the currency exchange rate.
The nearest ATM/cash machines are located in the Park Bulvar Shopping Centre (ground floor, and - 1 parking level).
The nearest Currency Exchange point is also in Park Bulvar (ground floor), ASB Bank and Gunay Bank in Nizami Street (the latter close to Icheri Sheher Zone).
Payment is possible by cash (money) or by credit/debit card through POS machine in all F&B kiosks, Alcohol Bars, Merchandise Stores, and Restaurants.
Medical and Safety
Disability/Wheelchair Access and Facilities
Spectators in wheelchairs who purchase a wheelchair accessible seat, will get an additional ticket for their companion. Please, note that the companion can’t enter the Venue alone, but only together with spectator in a wheelchair.
All pedestrian entrances have safety equipment to thoroughly check wheelchairs. However, wheelchair adapted Grandstands Absheron E is close to Gate A, and the Bakcell (Azneft) Grandstand to Gate E.
Should you require assistance getting around please visit your closest Info Point to find out about our Mobility Impaired Transport Service.
Please note that golf carts are not to be used for the general transportation of spectators but only for those with disabilities.
Spectators using wheelchairs as well as those with mobility issues will be able to enjoy the race from the Absheron Grandstand Section E (F1 Fan Zone) and Bakcell (Azneft) Grandstand (Games Park) in comfort and with a great view. As the nearest entrance gate, please use Gate A for Absheron Grandstand (Section E) and Gate E for Bakcell (Azneft) Grandstand.
Specially trained staff will be on-hand to assist any visitors with disabilities at the Grandstands.
There are several Wheelchair Accessible restrooms located within the Entertainment Area in the F1 Fan Zone, Concert Area and Games Park.
For spectators with mobility issues that do not require a wheelchair, please consider the distances involved when getting to the Entertainment Area.
There are wheelchairs available for loan near all Info Points. You should leave either a deposit or your ID for a wheelchair loan.
Medical and First Aid
Medical Clinics are located throughout the Fan Zones. Their locations are indicated on the map.
If you are unwell please proceed to the nearest Medical Clinic or ask a member of the BCC on-the-ground staff to call a doctor for you.
Watch or read up on local news and weather reports before visiting the circuit and make sure you know where you are going at all times – always plan ahead and be prepared. Make sure to visit bakucitycircuit.com for important information or any updates regarding the race weekend before you set off.
Be mindful at all times of where you carrying your valuables (wallet, money, credit/debit cards, purse, and cell phone).
If you are going with a group, we advise that you set a meeting point in case you become separated at any stage during the weekend. Arrange specific times to check in on each other to avoid any major issues.
The days are long at an F1 race weekend, with so much to see and do. Make sure you memorize or write down important numbers, so when your phone dies, you can still get in contact with your group if separated.
Avoid crowds where overly intoxicated people gather. If someone’s had too much drink or is being aggressive, don’t be afraid to notify a Security or Police Officer.
- Stay calm and do not panic in case of an emergency signal or announcement.
- Listen to information about the situation and operational procedures on a continuing basis.
- Study the location of entrance and exit gates closely on the map beforehand.
- In the case of an evacuation, always use the route established by the rescue services or shown by the security team. Do not try to take a short cut – you could put yourself and your family in danger in doing so.
- NOTE: Get familiarized with the Emergency Assembly Points within the Fan Zone which will be used during emergency situations by following the link. Please note that emergency accesses are usually different from entry Gates. Follow the instructions given by staff and security in uniforms.
Lost and found
- Please report any lost and found items to the nearest Information Point. We will contact you to collect the lost items as soon as they are found.
- If your child is lost, please report this to the nearest Info Point, security representative or any staff in the Fan Zone.
- In case you found a discarded or lost item within the Entertainment Area, please also approach the nearest Info Point.